Our client is seeking a talented, highly motivated, and experienced Clinical Laboratory Technologist, II to perform routine sample testing, equipment maintenance, and solution and reagent preparation in a high complexity clinical diagnostic laboratory.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performing highly complex testing according to established SOPs (NGS library prep, hybridization, and sequencing).
- Operating automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling platforms for sample processing.
- Operation of quantification, sizing, and NGS sequencing instruments.
- Maintaining commitment to patient, quality and continuous improvement.
- Completing basic projects under direct guidance of senior lab personnel
- Ensuring all labs are well stocked with appropriate lab-ware, reagents, and solutions.
- Preparing new reagents and solutions according to SOPs.
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks, including sequencing waste removal (requires ability to lift 30lbs).
- Review and write SOPs as updates are needed or for annual review
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/GCP)
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety protocols
- Working knowledge of DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry
- Familiarity with high through-put platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment
- Experience with ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Strong desire and ability to learn new tasks
- Well organized
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science
- 2+ years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP/GCP lab
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org